An Associate Cloud Engineer deploys applications, monitors operations of multiple projects, and maintains enterprise solutions to ensure that they meet target performance metrics. This individual has experience working with public clouds and on-premises solutions. They are able to use Google Cloud Console and the command-line interface to perform common platform-based tasks to maintain one or more deployed solutions that leverage Google-managed or self-managed services on Google Cloud.
- Exam Duration: 120 Minutes
- Number of QUESTIONS : 50
- Exam type: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Passing score: Google does not release exam marks for this certification – just a pass or a fail, so it is quite hard to know what the pass threshold is – estimates are around 80%
No Particular prerequisite for the exam. you must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for any Google Cloud Platform certification exam.
It targets an Cloud Engineer who deploys applications, monitors operations, and manages enterprise solutions.
The Associate Cloud Engineer exam tests your knowledge of several subject areas, including
1 Setting up a cloud solution environment
- 1.1 Setting up cloud projects and accounts. Activities include
- 1.2 Managing billing 1.3 Installing and configuring the command line interface (CLI), specifically the Cloud SDK (e.g., setting the default project).configuration. Activities include
2 Planning and configuring a cloud solution
- 2.1 Planning and estimating GCP product use using the Pricing Calculator
- 2.2 Planning and configuring compute resources.
- 2.3 Planning and configuring data storage options.
- 2.4 Planning and configuring network resources.
3 Deploying and implementing a cloud solution
- 3.1 Deploying and implementing Compute Engine resources.
- 3.2 Deploying and implementing Google Kubernetes Engine resources.
- 3.3 Deploying and implementing App Engine, Cloud Run, and Cloud Functions resources.
- 3.4 Deploying and implementing data solutions.
- 3.5 Deploying and implementing networking resources.
- 3.6 Deploying a solution using Cloud Marketplace.
- 3.7 Deploying application infrastructure using Cloud Deployment Manager.
4. Ensuring successful operation of a cloud solution
- 4.1 Managing Compute Engine resources.
- 4.2 Managing Google Kubernetes Engine resources.
- 4.3 Managing App Engine and Cloud Run resources.
- 4.4 Managing storage and database solutions.
- 4.5 Managing networking resources.
- 4.6 Monitoring and logging.
5 Configuring access and security
- 5.1 Managing identity and access management (IAM).
- 5.2 Managing service accounts.
- 5.3 Viewing audit logs for project and managed services.