The AWS Certified Database – Specialty (DBS-C01) exam is intended for individuals who perform a database-focused role. This exam validates a candidate’s comprehensive understanding of databases, including the concepts of design, migration, deployment, access, maintenance, automation, monitoring, security, and troubleshooting.
The exam also validates a candidate’s ability to complete the following tasks:
- Understand and differentiate the key features of AWS database services
- Analyze needs and requirements to design and recommend appropriate database solutions by using AWS services
65 questions; either multiple choice or multiple response
180 minutes to complete the exam
The target candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience with common database technologies, at least 2 years of hands-on experience working on AWS, and experience and expertise working with on-premises and AWS Cloud-based relational and NoSQL databases.
This training course is for Data platform engineers, Database administrators, Solutions architects, IT professionals
Domain 1: Workload-Specific Database Design
- 1.1 Select appropriate database services for specific types of data and workloads.
- 1.2 Determine strategies for disaster recovery and high availability
- 1.3 Design database solutions for performance, compliance, and scalability
- 1.4 Compare the costs of database solutions.
Domain 2: Deployment and Migration
- 2.1 Automate database solution deployments
- 2.2 Determine data preparation and migration strategies
- 2.3 Execute and validate data migration.
Domain 3: Management and Operations
- 3.1 Determine maintenance tasks and processes
- 3.2 Determine backup and restore strategies.
- 3.3 Manage the operational environment of a database solution.
Domain 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Determine monitoring and alerting strategies
- 4.2 Troubleshoot and resolve common database issues
- 4.3 Optimize database performance.
Domain 5: Database Security
- 5.1 Encrypt data at rest and in transit
- 5.2 Evaluate auditing solutions.
- 5.3 Determine access control and authentication mechanisms
- 5.4 Recognize potential security vulnerabilities within database solutions.