IT Essentials 7.0 is designed for those seeking to prepare themselves for an Entry-level position in Information & Communication Technology (ICT). It aligns with CompTIA’s A+ Hardware and Operating Systems Certification Exam Objectives. (See Below) This course, along with the other five (5) modules comprising NTI’s Computer Network Training – Entry program, gives the student both the breadth and depth of knowledge employers are looking for in Entry-level ICT job candidates. This course provides students with the following:
- An introduction to advanced concepts
- Practical experience through Hands-on lab
- Troubleshooting skills using both real and virtual tools
- A working knowledge of how computers and mobile devices operate
- A basic ability to identify common security threats and vulnerabilities like malware, phishing, spoofing and social engineering
- Applied skills and procedures to install, configure, and troubleshoot computers, mobile devices, and software
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills using both real endpoint and infrastructure devices
- Experience using Cisco Packet Tracer, Cisco’s flagship network configuration emulation tool
- Immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and test
As the Industry Standard for establishing a career in ICT, the CompTIA A+ Certification is the foundation of your career. According to the “Global Knowledge 2017 IT Skills and Salaries Report”, the importance of a Certification among decision-makers rose from 35% in 2011, to 85% in 2016, to 94% in 2017!
CompTIA A+ 220-1001
This Certification Exam covers PC Hardware, Peripherals, Mobile Devices, Networking, Troubleshooting Hardware and Network Connectivity issues. (Maximum of 90 Questions / 90 Minutes / 675 on scale of 100 – 900 to pass)
CompTIA A+ 220-1002
This Certification Exam covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses Security, the Fundamentals of Cloud Computing & Operational Procedures.
(Maximum of 90 Questions / 90 Minutes / 700 on scale of 100 – 900 to pass)