Our Job is about Helping you get a Job
At NTI, our program doesn’t just provide computer training. We work with ElieSys, an IT consulting company, to place students in working internships, providing on-the-job skill building that will help you find employment. We provide assistance to build your resume, fine-tune your interviewing skills, and help you present a professional image to potential employers.
We want you to succeed!
Job Placement Assistance
- Personally assigned Placement Coordinator.
- Help with résumés and interviewing skills.
- Assistance in locating local job opportunities.
- Personal coaching.
- 120-hour internship with a local employer, or through the student’s current employer (not all vocational training programs include internships).
Contacts With Local Employers
Each NTI campus maintains relationships with employers in the local job market. Employers often contact NTI looking for graduates to fill positions before those positions are even advertised.
Career Development Workshops
NTI offers a variety of workshops designed to assist our students and graduates in securing employment, including:
- Occupations, Career and Job Search Strategies – Prepares students to conduct an efficient job search, and helps them determine which techniques are best for them.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing – Teaches students how to create a targeted résumé, including tips on how to emphasize their experience and training.
- Interviewing Skills and Follow Up – Prepares students for the interview process, and helps them understand what to expect when meeting with a prospective employer.
- Networking and Utilizing Social Media Sites – Covers the importance of networking when job searching, and how to utilize professional networking websites like LinkedIn.
- Dress for Success – Students are shown what to wear in order to make the best impression at an interview, and how to comply with company dress codes such as business casual.
This is what one of our students had to say about NTI: “After attending the NTI for four months, I can confidently say that I am very happy with my decision to earn my certification. I acquired skills in computing and networking due to my fantastic instructor. At NTI they really care about students’ success. They reserve hours for hands-on experience in the lab. The instructor is very close to each student and he is always present to explain and help understand materials. I strongly recommend NTI to anyone that is seeking a good career in Information Technology. ” Amah A.